UX Design Sprint Workshop
an EggHatch.Sutdio workshop
organised by Dwi Emas International School
conducted by Apptivity Lab
What’s the fastest and cheapest way to validate ideas through design, prototyping, user testing, and collaboration? Use the Design Sprint approach.
Date: 24 August, 2019
Time: 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Venue: Dwi Emas International School, Shah Alam, Malaysia
Fees: RM350.00 for each participant (Materials for the workshop will be included)
* limited to 20 participants only
What is it about?
The Design Sprint is an approach used broadly for user experience design in the industry to solve problems and test new ideas. The aim is to reduce the risk of bringing a new product, service or feature to the market. The methodology has been built upon by many independent designers and finally solidified into a 5-phase process by the team at Google Ventures.
The purpose for organising this workshop is to introduce the concepts and methodology of the Design Sprint to students and parents. Participants will have the chance to experience the entire process first hand with a team of designers who do this for a living.
The key takeaways:
- Learn how to put the concepts of design thinking into practice.
- Discover insights of designing UX with industry professionals.
- Conduct your own design sprints after the workshop.
What you will do at the workshop?
A typical Design Sprint takes 5 days to complete the 5-phase process, this workshop will attempt to condense the 5 days into 5 hours. The 5-phase process are as follow:
- Map - Defining the long-term goal and making a map of the challenge
- Sketch - Sketch out ideas and solutions with the emphasis on critical thinking over artistry.
- Decide - Deep dive into each solution and decide on the best ones to achieve the long-term goal.
- Prototype - Turn solution sketches into prototypes and learn about prototyping tools.
- Test - Carry out usability tests on the prototypes and learn by watching how people interact with it.
Who will conduct the workshop?
The workshop will be conducted by the top designers from Apptivity Lab, an app development agency that has been bringing apps to life in the past decade. Their clientele includes the likes of AirAsia, Axiata, Astro, Time Internet, Grab, Naza, Photobook, and many more.